Slideshow Widget

  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />

The Weigands

Friday, January 8, 2016

Happy new year! I still haven't taken down my tree.s. I have two. I'm weirdly ashamed of this. Why does one family need two trees? It seems, I don't know, a suburban superfluous whimsy. NOW, after the holiday. Before it was a smashing idea. Alas, both are still up and shining, and it's bothering me. I'm a clean slate kinda girl. Notice I didn't say clean-freak kind of girl, or even clean anything but slate. I said clean slate, not clean slate floor. But do I like to end holidays when they end. And that means goodbye decorations! But I also have had a head cold that will not leave my body. So, concessions. I promised myself to ignore the problem until this weekend.

I can't tell you how amazing (and WEIRD) it was to receive holiday card after card with pictures taken by ME. Me? Yup. Me. HOW WEIRD. Anyway, they were all beautiful (if I can kind of say that without sounding boastful)... but the one that stole, I mean completely melted my heart and had me crying, was the Christmas card from the Weigands. 




family photo


I will keep it forever. Partly because, you know the whole no cleaning thing. But also because I cherish this family so much. They have been incredibly supportive of me and this crazy endeavor. Debbie has encouraged me the entire time, and I promise you it really gave me the confidence to try this whole photography thing for real. It reminded me that one kind word from a neighbor can make a big difference in someone else's life. It reminds me that we all belong to each other. 


Christmas Card

Family Christmas Card

The session was just after our family trip to the magical place that shall be named later. I was recovering from my mouskahangover. But it was an amazing morning on the battlefield and I was excited to try some new spots. All family members were in. I mean, really in. Believe me, that makes a world of difference in the final product. The kids were fantastic. There was no real complaining (in my presence). They were all so genuinely happy that I got the distinct impression that they all really and truly like each other. It absolutely flies in the face of my long held sibling philosophies. 

Weigand family

Family session

Family Photos

Family Photos

Family Photos

Family Photos

Family Photo

Thanks for looking. I love you Weigands!


Jessica

One Response to “The Weigands”

  1. Beautiful pics, Jess! You really are great at capturing the beauty in the moment!

    ReplyDelete