Slideshow Widget

  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />

Jenna and the Gang

Friday, May 6, 2016




Last month I had the pleasure of a senior session with 4 of the most beautiful teens in all of Northern Va. You'll see, I'm not exaggerating. We met in downtown Clifton about two hours before sunset. It was amazingly warm for late April. The girls were flawless. Jenna's mom Amy was awesome. It was magic. Pure. Magic.




I've really come to enjoy working with teens and young people on the whole. I never would have thought this group could be a sweet spot for me. But they are (in general) FAR LESS uptight and uncomfortable in front of the camera. Call it the millennial advantage, or insta-charm, it doesn't matter. It translates in beautiful and amazing ways. OK, being 18 helps too. Let's not forget to do my favorite thing, state the obvious with authority. It makes me feel smart.



There are so many things I love about downtown Clifton. Obvi, train tracks at sunset are a solid way to go. Beyond that, there are so many options within walking distance. Great benches, an awesome playground with an atrium and an amazing old barn. Go there, and eat at one of a handful of great spots, or just go get ice cream at Peterson's. If you're lucky, you'll get to experience one or possibly two very loud trains screaming through town. It's both startling and charming at once. I get that with my whole heart.





















I mean, look at their shoes. This is NOT what I was looking like my last year in high school. I love that these girls are so sophisticated and styled. It gives me hope for my four year old, who on the regular, leaves the house looking like she could possibly set your driveway on fire if left for 3 or 4 seconds alone to her own devices. Clearly at some point, someone will be able to brush her hair, and maybe it will be her? These beautiful girls give me hope. Yes because they have clearly mastered dressing and grooming, but also because they each were so sweet and down to Earth.



Jenna has a little sister. I really, really hope I get another call from Amy in a few years for more senior pictures!


Good luck, girls. You are so ready to take the world on, I'm just so excited for you. Thanks for giving me the chance to capture a few amazing moments of this fleeting time.  Hang on now, here we go!

Thanks for looking,


Jessica

Post a Comment