Slideshow Widget

  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />
  • " />

Photos with Santa

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Olivia with Santa

Happy holidays! I'm not going to pretend I'm having fun yet. The fun comes on Christmas morning when I get to watch Oblivia open up all of my hard work. Until then it's later than average nights and a to-do list a mile long. 



Just a quick story to help put things in perspective. About 25 minutes before I took these pictures, I had a very bad argument. With my printer. In front of my 3 year old, and my husband. It surely wasn't my weakest moment as a parent, but it was up there, complete with expletives and physical violence toward the machinery. And a very stern mandate for everyone to clear the room. Which of course, had to be repeated because: family. I told you. Not my finest moment, but what. I'm Mother Theresa? 

Olivia with Santa

I needed to print something that I had to get into the mailbox before the mail carrier came. That had to happen before we left for Santa. The clock was ticking. I had spent the entire day on the healthcare.gov site, on the phone with various representatives ahead of the December 15th cut off. The child was half dressed and grabbing a box of thumbtacks. My husband was in earshot but non-responsive. The card stock wouldn't load. For 12 times. I unloaded on the printer. It happened. And when it did, Liv took the opportunity as a teachable moment. For me. I'm pretty sure both my husband and my toddler called me a baby. Fine, call it how you see it.




The real santa

But then she took it a step further. Instead of telling Santa all about what she was hoping for this Christmas, these photos are a recounting of her mother's meltdown. Blow by ever-loving blow. 


Photos with Santa

So there you have it, folks. Merry Christmas, and happy parenting. From yours truly, and HP Officejet, have a safe and fantastic holiday season.





Post a Comment